These free online tennis lessons are here to provide you with candid instruction on technique and movement so that you can put it into practice.
With online video tennis lessons it has never been easier to find resources on tennis technique and footwork. Video instruction is the next best option to learning tennis in person. However, online tennis instruction has one major flaw compared to on court instruction. That is, a tennis coach must be able to see what you are doing in order to provide you with specific feedback.
Steps to Learning Tennis Technique
Learning a new tennis technique is dependent on receiving accurate information and then playing while putting it into practice. Understanding how to hit the ball intellectually can happen fairly quickly, however it takes your body thousands of repetitions before techniques and movements become habitual and smooth.
It takes the body time to learn new skills. Some people adapt and coordinate movements more quickly than others but it still takes time. So, when you are putting these free tennis lessons into practice, for the best results, focus on the process and be patient.
Tennis Technique Guides
Learning tennis technique can be daunting. Below I’ve listed out essential guides that will help you get started and that will be updated regularly.
- Grips: Measuring Your Grip Size & System For Finding All Tennis Grips
- Footwork: Ultimate Tennis Footwork Guide
- Forehand Groundstroke: Neutral Stance & Open Stance
- Backhand Groundstroke: Options and Keys to Success, Two-Handed Backhand & Backhand Slice
- Approach Shot: How to Hit an Effective Approach Shot
- Volleys: Forehand Volley & Backhand Volley
- Return of Serve: How to Hit a Return of Serve
- Overhead: Tennis Overhead Smash & Scissor-Kick Overhead
- Serve: Tennis Serve Technique & Fundamentals
If you have suggestions for posts you’d like to see me do or information you’d like to see provided, please feel free to contact me and let me know.